During the month of July & into August before school starts I will be sharing fun at home projects to do with your kids. Most will be inside because it has been super HOT where we live and my boys have just become super bored lately. They are about done with summer and want to go back to school. I will be sharing some fun at home crafts/activities me and my boys will be doing along with step by step instructions and pictures so you can do them as well!
Summer with my kids has been pretty wild they are always looking for some sort of adventure so what better than making a pair of DIY pair of binoculars. My little guys love pretending to do just about anything and with this fun little craft they can use their binoculars for all kinds of adventures through out each day.
DIY Toilet Paper Roll Binoculars
What You Need
- (2) Empty TP Rolls or (1) Empty paper towel roll cut in half per pair of Binoculars
- Roll of String or Yarn. (Optional)
- Scissors (if you need to cut a paper towel roll in half & for cutting string)
- Tape or Glue (Elmer’s White Glue)
- Decorative Paper, Stickers, Or Markers for decorating. (could even use paint)(or do what we did)
1) First you take your tp tubes and decorate them however you wish to decorate them. (We ended up combining steps 1 & 2 together by turning our white Elmer’s Glue into paint by adding food coloring to it. Then we used old brushes & painted the tubes, then stuck them together and let them dry).
2) Next Glue the two tubes together like the picture below. You will need to clamp them together applying pressure until the glue dries enough to set down for further drying and so it doesn’t come apart when you do set it down.
3) This last step is optional especially if you have little kids and are worried about strings being around their necks. For this step poke two holes in each of the outer sides of the tubes and measure the string needed by tying one end to one side of the binoculars and see how far you would like it to hang down. Cut the string at the desired length and tie the other end to the other side of the binoculars.
Enjoy New Kinds of Adventures
Thanks for reading this post. Drop a like. Follow this blog & follow me on social media. Come back for the next Fun DIY project/activity; Baking Soda & Vinegar Volcano Experiment. In the mean time check out my last DIY project HERE.