I am always mixing and matching in the kitchen throwing this and that together and creating some very out of the box meals. I am trying to go through my freezer meat because we will be adding a half a hog in our freezer in October. We have quite a bit of breakfast sausage in our freezer that I have been trying to think of new recipes to use them in; thus creating the Breakfast Sausage Loaf. It makes for a unique breakfast that has it all included in this package deal! You got meat for protein and of course added eggs to bind it all together which only adds to the protein. Then you have some sort of grain to add to the binding ingredient to make it loaf like I used some Ritz Crackers but you could use toast too! Then I added in some veggies in the mix. I originally made it up for a supper idea but ended up eating it for breakfast and it was quite good! My kids ate it up with me. We added some white gravy on top of ours with some toast to make a biscuits and gravy feel. I thought I would share this simple recipe with you maybe you would like to make it too!
1-2 LBS Ground Sausage
2-3 Sweet Peppers-Chopped (1 Bell Pepper)
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 Cup to 1 Cup Cracker or Bread Crumbs (add until you get a good binding)
Cooking Spray (for spraying pan)
- Preheat Oven to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Pre-spray a pan with oil (9 x 13 cake pan) (baking dish)
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the sausage, chopped onion, chopped peppers, & Garlic powder. Mix well.
- Next add in the eggs and start adding in the bread crumbs starting with 1/2 Cup. (if you need more add more).
- Mix together with meat mixture until very well incorporated.
- Next pour mixture into the baking dish and form into a loaf shape.
- Place in oven at 375 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook for 30-40 Minutes; or until the internal temperature is 165 Degrees Fahrenheit with a meat thermometer.
- If you would like at this time pour peppered gravy over the top or serve it on the side with other breakfast sides. Enjoy!
Thanks for reading this recipe post I didn’t get a chance to take pictures as I made it however your just making a basic meatloaf but instead of ground beef or ground turkey you are using breakfast sausage instead. Also you will not add ketchup … unless that’s your thing! Here is the link to my Homemade Meatloaf Recipe if you need a picture reference that is similar, if you are unfamiliar with the meatloaf. Drop a like below and follow my blog! Also follow me on social media. Stay tuned in for new posts coming soon!