Easy peasy is the way to go most days for our family especially at meal time! If I can make a healthy meal that is quick and well liked by everyone including my kids I know that I have done the impossible! A couple weeks ago I first threw this recipe together and it was a hit so I made it again for supper just the other night.
1 Can of Stewed Tomatoes (drained)
1 Can of Black Beans (drained & rinsed)
1 Can of Corn(drained) (or use fresh sweet corn)
2 Cups of Rice (I use white rice)
1 Packet of Taco Seasoning
Salt/Pepper to your taste
1 Cup Shredded Cheese (of your choice)
Add Meat if you want more flavor.
- Cook rice according to directions.
- After rice is done add it to a medium sized bowl.
- Add in tomatoes, beans, & corn. Mix together.
- Next add in the taco seasoning. Mix until well incorporated.
- Then finally add in the cheese. The rice should still be warm and it will melt the cheese.
- For a fun twist put in a oven safe dish add some more cheese on top, then heat in 350 degree F oven until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve as is or add some fresh toppings on top (sour cream, fresh tomatoes, salsa, ect.) with some tortilla chips.